Monday, July 3, 2017

Answer: Continents, Countries and Cities

Good Morning from Bali. How is our post last week? Have you got a hold of it? What is Asia in Mandarin? How about "Paris"? Have you found out more cities or countries in Mandarin on Pleco?


Anyway, here are the answers to a few exercises from the previous post:

Try translating the following:


1. Hi, I am Ms. Smith. I am from America.
Smith 女士好。我来自美国。Smith nǚ shì. Wǒ láizì měiguó.
Note: 来自 (láizì )= means "comes from"

2. I am looking for this hotel.
我在找这家酒店
Wǒ z
àizhǎo zhè jiā jiǔdiàn.

Note: Still remember the "continuous tense"?, yup! We use 在zài + Verb = Verbing

3. Where is the popular Chinese restaurant?
出名的中国餐厅在哪儿?
Chūmíng de zhōngguó cāntīng zài nǎr?

  
4. I am sorry, your flight has taken off. You are late.
不好意思,您的航班起飞了。您迟到了
Bùhǎoyìsi, nin de hángbān, qǐfēi le. Nín chídào le.

5. This flight has just landed.
这个航班刚降落
Zhège hángbān gāng jiàngluò.

6. I am looking for a fast food restaurant. Can you help me?
我在找快餐店。您能帮我吗?
Wǒ zài zhǎo kùicāndiàn. nín néng bāng wǒ ma?

7. Is that Public Toilet?
那是公共厕所吗?
Nà shì gōnggòn cèsuǒ ma?

8. I lost my wallet. Where is the Police Station?
我丢失了我的钱包。警察局在哪儿?
Wǒ diūshī le wǒ de qiánbāo. jǐngchájú zài nǎr?

Have a good week ahead~

Regards, 
Linda Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment