Friday, September 16, 2016

Nursery Rhyme

Kids can learn language from singing. For me, when I teach a song, I make sure that the kids know what it means. I will go through the lyrics line by line with them. Say the lyrics and translate it. Then I will repeat explaining the whole song again and again. This cannot be done just once. You have to repeat it over and over again.

I also make sure that I correct them when they pronounce a word in the lyrics wrongly. For me, it is how they learn the language properly.

Here I would like to introduce one of Popular Chinese Nursery Rhyme. Play the song for your kids, as for yourselves, you can try to translate what the song is saying. And then translate it to them. Here is the lyric:

Title: 我  的  朋友     在  哪里?
          Wǒ de péngyǒu zài nǎli?


First Part:
一 二 三 四 五 六 七,
Yī èr sān sì wǔ liù qī

我  的  朋友      在 哪里?
Wǒ de péngyǒu zài nǎli?

在   这里,在 这里
Zài zhèlǐ, Zài zhèlǐ

我   的  朋友    在   这里
Wǒ de péngyoǔ zài zhèlǐ

Second Part:
啦啦啦啦    真   欢喜
Lā lā lā la zhēn huānxǐ

同       唱歌     来  同    游戏
Tóng chànggē lái tóng yóuxì

笑 嘻嘻,多 甜蜜
Xiao xīxī duō tiánmì

我   的   朋友    就是  你
Wǒ de péngyǒu jiùshì nǐ


Here is the song:

This video is downloaded from youtube. Here is the link.

Happy Singing,
Linda Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment