Monday, July 3, 2017

Answer: Continents, Countries and Cities

Good Morning from Bali. How is our post last week? Have you got a hold of it? What is Asia in Mandarin? How about "Paris"? Have you found out more cities or countries in Mandarin on Pleco?


Anyway, here are the answers to a few exercises from the previous post:

Try translating the following:


1. Hi, I am Ms. Smith. I am from America.
Smith 女士好。我来自美国。Smith nǚ shì. Wǒ láizì měiguó.
Note: 来自 (láizì )= means "comes from"

2. I am looking for this hotel.
我在找这家酒店
Wǒ z
àizhǎo zhè jiā jiǔdiàn.

Note: Still remember the "continuous tense"?, yup! We use zài + Verb = Verbing

3. Where is the popular Chinese restaurant?
出名的中国餐厅在哪儿?
Chūmíng de zhōngguó cāntīng zài nǎr?

  
4I am sorry, your flight has taken off. You are late.
不好意思,您的航班起飞了。您迟到了
Bùhǎoyìsi, nin de hángbān, qǐfēi le. Nín chídào le.

5. This flight has just landed.
这个航班刚降落
Zhège hángbān gāng jiàngluò.

6. I am looking for a fast food restaurant. Can you help me?
我在找快餐店。您能帮我吗?
Wǒ zài zhǎo kùicāndiàn. nín néng bāng wǒ ma?

7. Is that Public Toilet?
那是公共厕所吗?
Nà shì gōnggòn cèsuǒ ma?

8I lost my wallet. Where is the Police Station?
我丢失了我的钱包。警察局在哪儿?
Wǒ diūshī le wǒ de qiánbāo. jǐngchájú zài nǎr?

Have a good week ahead~

Regards, 
Linda Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment